This is one of Richard and Simone’s all-time favourites; a tasty, healthy starter, or a main meal, when adding some fabulous bread to the menu. It is super simple to make. Here you have a delicious soup, which is exceptionally low in fat.
- 1.5 kg zucchini (courgettes), chopped roughly 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 45 ml olive oil
- 15 ml Parmesan cheese, grated
- 250 ml fat-free milk
- 5 ml each sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 125 ml – 250 ml boiling water, as desired
- Preheat oven to 180oC/160oC fan/ Gas mark 4.
- Place chopped zucchini into an oven roasting tray.
- Add in cherry tomatoes, rosemary, and 2 x garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss well together, and spread in an even layer.
- Roast for approximately 45 – 60 minutes until golden brown, and vegetables have softened.
- Place mixture into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the double-knife stainless-steel blade.
- Add in Parmesan cheese, milk, seasoning, and remaining garlic cloves.
- Blend together until smooth.
- Add sufficient boiling water to achieve the consistency you require. Extra water will make the soup go further.
- Season to taste, and serve hot or cold.
- To make a hearty meal; serve with crusty bread.
- Add 5 ml lemon rind, and juice of half a lemon to the soup.
- Add 30 ml low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese, in step 9.
- Make up this recipe and divide into two portions. Eat one, and freeze one. Soups freeze really well in plastic bags. Line a square container with a plastic freezer bag, pour in the soup; label and freeze. Remove from the container once frozen.
Sent with Love