Butter 250 g
Cake flour 750 ml
Nutti Wheat flour 250 ml
Chopped scented geranium leaves 30 ml
Sugar (optional) 60 ml
Salt 5 ml
Baking powder 40 ml
Milk 375 ml
1. Preheat oven 200ºC/180ºC fan/Gas mark 5
2. Rub butter into flours until it resembles breadcrumbs
3. Add chopped scented geranium
4. Mix in sugar, salt and baking powder
5. Add milk to make a fairly soft dough
6. Turn out dough onto a floured surface, pat out to about 2 cm thick
7. Cut out shapes.
8. Bake on a greased baking sheet for 12 – 15 minutes until light brown
Makes 1 dozen large scones or 36 small scones
fresh lavender sprays 2,
or flowers stripped 10 – 20 ml
of their stems, or a thumb-length leafy twig
boiling water 250 ml
1. Pour the boiling water over the lavender.
2. Stand a few minutes, sweeten with lavender honey if desired,
and sip while inhaling the aroma.
3. Herb tea should never be drunk with milk and the only sweetening
should be honey.
4. Rose petal, orange blossom, honeysuckle and jasmine honey can
also be made in this way.
5. Orange blossom is bitter so do not leave to steep for too long.