Instead of using biscuits as you would normally do for a date ball, Simone makes a healthy version with a low GI breakfast muesli. It is a wonderful, sweet snack after dinner; or it may be eaten as a healthy snack on the run.
Makes 36 small balls
- 500 ml breakfast muesli or low GI breakfast cereal 10 x pitted dates, cut in halves
- 100 g walnuts
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the double- knife stainless-steel blade.
- Process on high speed, until the mixture becomes a paste.
- Roll into large, marble-sized balls.
- Place in the refrigerator to firm up.
- Serve as an after-dinner snack, or with steaming cups of cappuccino coffee.
Sent with Love