This will tantalize the taste buds – sublime!
Serves 10 – 12
200 g Chinese spaghetti noodles 30 ml vegetable oil
125 ml vegetable stock
125 ml peanut butter
60 ml red wine vinegar 30 ml soy sauce
15 ml sesame oil
15 ml dry sherry
30 ml sugar
15 ml sweet chilli sauce
60 ml spring onions, chopped
10 ml minced fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
60 ml sesame seeds, toasted
1 broccoli head, cut into small pieces 100 g snow peas, sliced into thin strips 250 ml bean sprouts
250 g mushrooms, sliced
1 red pepper, chopped
30 ml chives, chopped
- In a large saucepan on the hob, cook noodles in boiling water according to instructions given. Separate with a fork. These noodles cook quickly so be careful not to overcook. Drain and rinse. Toss with vegetable oil and set aside.
- Make dressing: Use a large glass bowl or jug; pour in vegetable stock and microwave on 100% power for 1 minute. Add peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, chilli sauce, spring onions, ginger, garlic and sesame seeds. Microwave on 100% power for a further 1 – 2 minutes. Mix well.
- Blanch vegetables by placing broccoli, mushrooms and snow peas in a microwave dish with 15 ml of water and cover. Microwave on 100% power for 1 – 2 minutes. Drain immediately and rinse under cold water.
- In a large salad bowl, toss noodles with the vegetables and red pepper. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle chopped chives on top.
• Bean sprouts are also a great garnish for this salad.