A great dish for those watching their weight. I love the Mediterranean flavours coming through here: oranges,
tomatoes, paprika, garlic and peppers all combine here really well. This recipe freezes like a dream.
Serves 8 – 10
2 large onions, peeled and chopped
50 ml sunflower oil
2 large red peppers, sliced thickly
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
150 g button mushrooms, quartered
1 x 800 g tin tomatoes,
drained and chopped (reserve juice)
15 ml Worcestershire sauce
300 ml chicken stock
Juice and rind of 2 oranges
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/140ºC fan/Gas mark 3.
2. In a large saucepan, sauté onions in heated cooking oil, until transparent. Add in peppers and garlic.
Stir until well coated with oil, and slightly softened.
3. Add in mushrooms and continue to cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
4. Add in all remaining ingredients except the chicken breasts, cornflour-and-water paste, orange
segments, and parsley.
5. Place chicken breasts into a greased oven-roasting pan or other suitable container for convection,
combination, or microwave cooking.
6. Pour the hot sauce over the breasts. Cover with aluminium foil or a lid.
7. Bake: Oven160°C/140ºC fan/Gas mark 3 and bake for 40 – 45 minutes.
8. Combination/Solar Dom: 160°C+50% microwave power for 30 – 35 minutes.
9. Microwave: Cover with a lid and microwave on 70% power for 20 – 25 minutes.
10. Allow to cool slightly, remove the breasts, and slice or cube.
11. Thicken sauce if necessary with a cornflour-and-water paste. Return the chicken to the sauce; add in
orange rind, segments, and parsley.
12. Garnish with extra grated orange rind and chopped parsley.
There is no such thing as failure; there is only feedback
30 ml tomato purée
25 ml hot, ground paprika
30 ml brown sugar
Salt and freshly-ground white pepper, to taste
2 kg chicken breasts, skinned and boned
Cornflour-and-water paste to thicken
Rind of 2 oranges, fruit peeled and cut into segments
50 ml finely chopped parsley