So scrumptious when soft in the middle and deliciously creamy with the fresh taste of the courgettes –
compliments all around with this recipe.
8 large eggs
Salt and pepper to taste
4 medium courgettes
100 g Parmesan cheese, grated
100 g Pecorino cheese, grated
50 ml chopped parsley
10 ml fresh thyme
60 ml crème fraiche or smooth cream cheese
30 ml olive oil
1. Preheat the grill. Set the oven shelf approximately 10 – 12 cm away from the grill element.
2. Break eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk lightly. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Fit the food processor with the grater blade. Grate courgettes; add into egg mixture.
4. Fold in the cheeses, herbs and crème fraiche or cream cheese.
5. Place olive oil in a medium- to large-sized frying pan with an ovenproof handle. Place on the hob over
medium heat. Add the egg mixture.
6. Cook until the underside is browned (take a look by lifting up the base), then place under the preheated
7. Grill until lightly browned but still soft in the middle of the pan.
8. Allow to settle in the pan before turning out. Cut into 4 and serve with a rocket salad.
- Use 200 g steamed, chopped butternut; steamed chopped spinach or 200 g sliced mushrooms instead
- Add 1 small red pepper, chopped, to frittata mixture for extra colour and crunch.•Use a 410 g tin artichoke hearts or use fresh, steamed artichoke hearts in place of courgettes.
Cut them into smaller pieces. Replace thyme with mint.