- 5 large apples (Golden delicious or granny smiths peeled, cored and sliced)
- 250 grams plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 250 grams caster sugar
- 200 millilitres milk
- 150 grams unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 110 grams brown sugar
- 75 grams golden syrup
- icing sugar (to serve)
- cream (thick – to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180degrees celsius
- Lightly butter a 2.5l baking dish; Place apples in the prepared dish.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl of an electric mixer. Add the caster sugar, milk, butter and eggs then beat until pale. Spread the mixture over the apples.
- Place the brown sugar, golden syrup and 300ml water in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil without stirring.
- Pour over the pudding batter, then bake for 30-35mins or until the top is golden.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream.
Sent with Love