This is my recipe for today and it is from HIS & HIRSCH’S cookbook by Richard Hirsch;
- 250ml bulgar wheat
- 375ml boiling water
- 15ml sea salt
- 60ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and rind of 2 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, unpeeled, cut in half, seeds removed and diced
- 4 celery/Rosa tomatoes, cut in halves, or quartered
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning
- Place in a bowl the bulgar wheat, boiling water, salt, olive oil, and lemon and lime juice and rind. Allow mixture to stand covered for an hour or two, until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the remaining ingredients; adjust the seasoning, and mix gently.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Garnish with extra chopped parsley. Check seasoning before serving.
Sent with Love