An Excerpt From
The Leadership Secrets of Santa Claus
by Eric Harvey
Making the Most of TIME
- Prioritize tasks (do the most important things first) and use “to do” lists to organize daily activities.
- Start and end meetings promptly—and issue agendas in advance.
- Teach time–management skills and techniques. Take advantage of timesaving technology.
Making the Most of MONEY
- Buy in discounted bulk whenever appropriate.
- Shop for the best prices on materials, supplies, equipment, and services.
- Communicate electronically to reduce long-distance charges.
- Think pennies as well as dollars–a few cents saved here and there add up quickly.
Making the Most of MATERIALS and EQUIPMENT
- “Measure twice, cut once.” Reuse and recycle whenever possible.
- Be religious about preventative maintenance.
- Invest in extended warranties.
Making the Most of EMPLOYEE TALENT and EXPERTISE
- Involve the people with the knowledge in the decisions.
- Match jobs with worker skills and interests.
- Enhance employee expertise through training and developmental assignments.
- Encourage employees to share their knowledge with others.
Source: Eric Harvey