- 2 cups self-raising flour (sift)
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 125g butter (melt and then leave to cool)
- 2 eggs (beat)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Food colouring
- 1 tablespoon water
- Combine flour and caster sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla to the dry mix. Stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200˚ for 12 to 15 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Icing: Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add food colouring and water. Stir until smooth. Spoon icing over cupcakes. Decorate however you want to!