- 6 slices day-old ciabatta bread, sliced about ¾-inch thick*
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons millet flour (or spelt or whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast**
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- tiny pinch of salt
- coconut oil, for the pan
- Powdered sugar
- Vegan butter
- Maple syrup
- Fresh fruit
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, maple syrup, flour, nutritional yeast, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Place the bread in a shallow dish (with sides) that holds all of the bread.
- Pour the mixture over the bread, then lift or flip the bread over to make sure both sides are evenly coated.
- Heat a drizzle of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the bread slices and cook for a few minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve with powdered sugar, a dab of vegan butter, maple syrup, and fresh fruit.
Sent with Love