- 1 red pepper
- 1 red chilli
- tbsp olive oil
- 15ml stork margarine
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 100ml balsamic vinegar
- 150ml water
- 1 x KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot
- 5ml maille dijon mustard
- 15ml Worcestershire sauce
- 200g cheddar cheese
- 4 large slices bread
- Preheat the grill until medium hot.
- Place the red chilli and red peppers on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and place under grill for 5-8 minutes until the skins start to blacken. Remove the tops from the peppers and chillies, cut and seed, removing skin, then finely chop. Set aside.
- Melt the Stork Margarine in a large frying saucepan. Add the red onions and cook on low heat for 6-7 minutes until soft but not browned. Add balsamic vinegar and cook for a further minute. Set aside.
- Bring water to boil in small saucepan. Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and stir well until dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the Maille Dijon Mustard, Worcestershire sauce and three quarters of the cheese, stirring well until the cheese has completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, toast the slices of bread on either side until golden. Place them on a baking sheet and spoon the onions and chopped peppers over each slice, so they are completely covered. Add the cheese sauce mixture, sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Place the rarebits under the hot grill until dark golden and bubbling.
Sent with Love