Serves 8 (as a side)
- 3 cups Tastic Brown and Wild Rice, cooked as per pack instructions
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 6 Turkish apricots, roughly chopped
- 3 heaped tablespoons vegetable Atchar (Medium or Hot)
- 2 small nectarines, sliced
- 5ml honey
- a handful of almond flakes or pistachios, toasted
- baby radishes (optional)
- micro herbs, to finish
- zest of 1 lemon plus 60ml lemon juice
- 45ml (3 tablespoons )olive oil
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) honey
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Curried mayo yoghurt
- 60ml (1/4 cup) mayonnaise
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) mild curry powder
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- Place the cooked rice, red and green peppers, onions, apricots and atchar in a large mixing bowl and toss together.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a jam jar and shake to combine.
- For the curried mayo, whisk all the ingredients together and pour into a small serving bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Sear the nectarine slices briefly in a griddle pan, about 2 minutes per side, then drizzle with a teaspoon of honey. Alternatively, you can leave this step out and serve them freshly sliced.
- Transfer the salad to a large platter. Toss through a handful of herbs and arrange the peaches and radishes on top. Scatter over the nuts and serve the curried mayo alongside.
I love this recipe from Bibby’s Kitchen @ 36 – visit their website firstname.lastname@example.org for a whole lot more!