This is recipe is super healthy for those trying to get rid of those extra holiday KG’s and it only takes one minute, so there is no excuse!
PREP TIME: 1 MINUTE
COOKING TIME: 1 MINUTE
- 1 cup (250 mL)
- black quinoa, rinsed
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) of water
- 1 lime, zested & squeezed
- 1 bunch cilantro or parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 large roma tomato, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) green olives, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely diced
1. In the Instant Pot, add the quinoa, lime zest, salt, and water.
2. Close and lock the lid. Turn the heat to high and when the cooker reaches pressure to lower the heat and cook for 1 minute at HIGH pressure. When time is up, continue cooking the quinoa with the residual heat and steam of the pressure cooker by opening the cooker using the natural method – turn off the heat and don’t do anything (about 10 minutes). If after 10 minutes, the cooker has not released all of the pressure, let out the remaining pressure by opening the valve.
3. Tumble out the cooked quinoa into a mixing bowl to cool.
4. Then, add the chopped tomato, pepper, olives, cucumber, and Cilantro.
5. Mix with Lime juice and season with any additional salt to taste.
6. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
By: Laura Pazzaglia www.hippressurecooking.com