Blaaukrantz Pears with Poppy Seed Dressing
Great fusion food, cheese and pears, topped with a delicious dressing. Makes a great starter.
110 g Blaaukrantz cheese
75 g cream cheese or crème fraiche Pinch cayenne pepper
4 ripe firm pears, washed and dried Juice of l lemon
50 ml olive oil
30 ml lemon juice
20 ml honey
Salt and pepper to taste 15 ml poppy seeds
Rocket and watercress, caramelized walnuts
- Mix Blaaukrantz cheese and cream cheese together with cayenne pepper, until chunky.
- Core pears with an apple corer and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Slice pears into rings.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto each pear slice; chill until required.
- Mix dressing ingredients together using a plunge blender or whisk.
- Arrange rocket and watercress leaves on serving plates; on each plate place pear rings overlapping and drizzle dressing over; top with caramelized walnuts.
• For a different presentation: slice the pears in half, core and sprinkle with lemon juice. Arrange on lettuce. Place cheese mixture in the cavity.