Great fusion food, cheese and pears, topped with a delicious dressing. Makes a great starter.
- 110g Blaaukrants cheese
- 75g cream chees or creme fraiche
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 ripe firm pears, washed an dried
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50ml olive oil
- 30ml lemon juice
- 20ml honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15ml poppy seeds
Rocket and watercress, caramelised walnuts
- Mix Blaaukrantz cheese and cream cheese together with cayenne pepper, until chunky.
- Core pears with an apple corer and sprinkle lemon juice.
- Slice pears into rings.
- Spoon cheese mixture onto each pear slice; chill until required.
- Mix dressing ingredients together using a plunge blender or whisk.
- Arrange rocket and watercress leaves on serving plates; on each plate place pear rings overlapping and drizzle dressing over; top with caramelised walnuts.
For a different presentation; slice the pears in half, core and sprinkle with lemon juice. Arrange on lettuce. Place cheese mixture in the cavity.