Cheese and onion is another fabulous sandwich avour combination – do give this one a try. you will be amazed by the compliments.
Serves: 2 or 4 or 16 tasters
- 200 g mature Cheddar cheese, grated (500 ml)
- 250 ml nely drained, chopped pimentos, or drained, roasted, red peppers 125 ml thick mayonnaise
- 15 ml grated onion
- 15 ml chopped dill pickle
- 5 ml prepared mustard
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of celery salt
- Stir all ingredients in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Spread four slices of hearty rye or ciabatta bread with soft butter.
- Place buttered sides to the outside. Spread lling over unbuttered side, top with the other bread slice, buttered side up.
- Grill on a panini-toaster/grill or in a sandwich-maker, or in an electric grill-machine.
- Alternatively, grill bread quickly on each side until brown. Pile on some lling & nish under a moderate grill element until cheese is fully melted. 7. Two slices of bacon would be great on this sandwich!
- 1 chopped red or green pepper may be substituted for the bottled pimento.
Equipment: Measuring spoons and cups, spoon, sharp knife, scissors, grater, brush, aluminium foil, bread knife, spatula, oven gloves, serving plate, serviettes.
Sent with Love