In the words of the incomparable Beyoncé, “you’ve got the love on top.” … er, something like that.
Trying to identify your body type can be one tricky task. Tape measures, celebrity photos, and mathematical equations are all a bit much if you ask us. We’re here to help you define your body shape by keeping it simple. Instead of focusing on the archaic do’s and don’ts of dressing, we’ve focused on the value of flattering your body type with pieces that will become your body’s new best friends (if they aren’t acquaintances already). We like to think of these tips more as guidelines because let’s face it, life is too short to not break the rules once in a while.
The Inverted Triangle Body Shape
You have a large cup size, narrow hips, and a slim to average waist.
Inverted Triangle Outfit Ideas
A structured sheath with an open neckline and a defined waist is your ideal dress. If you don’t have a piece like this already, start with an LBD. Having this wardrobe essential in your closet will definitely come in handy – just think of all of the occasions it will work for!
A slightly draped open-front blazer is fitted enough to flatter while also adding length. Plus, it’s a versatile piece that is not only suitable for the office, but is equally amazing when paired with jeans and a tee.
A simple, fitted V-neck top elongates and balances your silhouette. We suggest looking for tops with a bit of stretch. They’ll flatter your full bust (without any annoying pulling) and provide all-day comfort.
Pants with a subtle print like camo draw focus downward, without being too in-your-face. If a full-on print is a bit out of your comfort zone, try subtle embellishments like embroidery or a tiny printed pattern.
Your Body’s BFFs
• Sleek tops with fitted sleeves and a bit of stretch will become your go-to piece for both work and weekend. They’ll comfortably fit over your bust while looking polished and put-together.
• When selecting your tops and dresses, opt for a simple, open neckline like v-neck or scoop. Wrap silhouettes are also extremely flattering and perfectly frame your face.
• If you’re looking to go the sleeveless route, tanks and dresses with wide straps will be your best bet. They’re supportive, and, better yet, provide worry-free wear that requires no yanking or adjusting.
• Fitted jackets like a belted trench or cropped moto are great options for your body type. Classic, tailored, and versatile, they’re a wardrobe staple that will never go out of style.
• A fit and flare dress will emphasize your amazing waistline while creating visual balance, while a tailored sheath dress is an equally flattering alternative when you’re looking for a more relaxed fit.
• Printed pants are a great way to balance your shoulders with your bottom half. Have fun playing with of-the-moment patterns like camo, leopard, and floral.
• Highlight your legs with either a skinny or straight bottom. If prints aren’t quite your thing, you can always opt for a pop of colour as the eye-catching feature.
• A bootcut or wide-leg pants serve as a great foundation for an outfit, and they balance your inverted triangle body shape just as much as a print or a colour.
Thank you blog.wantable.com for this super article!