Your guests for dessert on Easter Sunday! This is perfect as it serves a crowd, easy to prepare and really yummy! If you don’t have a ring mould, you can also use a 23cm spring form cake tin.
- 1 packet ginger biscuits
- 75g butter, melted
- 2 litres vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 x 360g tin caramel
- 1 chocolate flake
- 1 x 80g milk chocolate
- 1 packet speckled eggs or chocolate balls
- Spray the mould with non stick spray.
- Melt butter in a glass bowl in the microwave.
- Crush biscuits in a food processor and then add the melted butter.
- Spoon a layer of softened ice cream on the base of the mould.
- Then add the caramel on top of this (Tip – spoon the caramel first into a bowl and then mix well as this makes it easier to spread)
- Sprinkle the chocolate flake over the caramel.
- Add another layer of ice cream
- Finally press down the biscuit base.
- Cover and place in freezer. Freeze for about 4 hours or preferably overnight. Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- Turn out and place on a platter.
- Melt chocolate in microwave – break up into pieces and place in a glass bowl and melt on 70% power for 1 – 2 minutes. Stir with the handle of a wooden spoon, until chocolate is smooth. It must be completely melted to be able to drizzle over ice cream.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top and then decorate with eggs or chocolate balls.
- If using a spring form pan, remember to start the layers with a biscuit layer as you will not have to invert the dessert when ready to serve.