Bursting with goodness, this is a great, refreshing starter to serve.
Serves 4 – 6
• 3 grapefruit
• 2 large ripe avocado pears
• 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
• 1 small bunch green grapes, peeled and seeded (optional)
• 50 ml French dressing
• 6 sprigs mint
1. Cut top and bottom off grapefruit with a sharp knife.
2. Cut away all peel and pith. Cut between membranes to release each segment, and place in a bowl with any juice.
3. Halve avocado pears and cube, add to grapefruit, and toss lightly to coat with grapefruit juice.
4. Dice apple and add along with grapes, coating in juice.
5. Add French dressing, and toss lightly.
6. Arrange on individual platters or on one large platter, and garnish with mint sprigs.
• Add 150 g chunky low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese in step 6.