Crunchy and gooey, how wonderful this recipe is to the taste buds!
Makes about 750 ml popcorn (625 ml popped popcorn) 100 ml honey 45 ml dark brown sugar
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 50 ml peanut or almond nut butter
- Pinch sea salt
- 125 ml peanuts, macadamias, or slivered almonds
- Using the popcorn-machine, pop the popcorn according to directions. Set popcorn aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160oC fan/Gas mark 4.
- Grease a large baking tray.
- Place honey and brown sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly until the mixture simmers and sugar has melted.
- Stir in the vanilla, nut butter and salt.
- Mix the popcorn and peanuts together in a large ovenproof bowl and pour the melted honey sauce on top.
- Toss well to coat.
- Spread out on the prepared baking tray and bake for 8 -10 minutes.
- Remove, and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Equipment: Measuring cups and spoons, saucepan, spatula, silicone spoon, large mixing bowl, baking tray, pastry brush for greasing, oven gloves, metal lifter, serving dish, tasting cups and spoons/serviettes.
Sent with Love