A Dream, a vision, a goal, a desire, these are all things most of us know we need when we are working towards success but have somewhere along the line, forgotten why it is so important we follow them through.
When I created Addicted2Success almost 10 years ago I had a vision so powerful that it shadowed my fears.
At the time I was operating from the mindset I was in (which in retrospect needed a lot of work)but little did I know that as I committed to my dream and proceeded step by step that my life and vision would unfold in ways that I never would have imagined.
I wrote down that I would like to reach 10 million views on Addicted2Success and to this date we are over 200 million. I also wrote down I would like to create a short documentary film… fast forward to now and I have featured in 3 documentary films (Think & Grow Rich, WeRise Up and The Age of The Entrepreneur).
I said I wanted to coach hundreds of people and now I coach tens of thousands from stages around the world and run a powerful online branding and marketing mastermind called The Circle of Influence (check it out!).
Everyone I wrote in my vision that I wanted to interview are now guests on my podcast except Will Smith & The Rock….. still working on that one 😉
Now I tell you all of this because it is important to know that when you commit to your vision, more than you would ever expect can come into play.
But…. while you are in the process of executing your vision and working towards your dreams, you must always remember WHY it is important for you to follow your dreams.
So I have created this list….. Well, lets call it a reminder of why it is so important to follow your dreams.
The 16 Reasons Why It Is So Important To Follow Your Dreams
1. The secret of living is giving, if you follow your dreams then you will have something worth sharing with others, hope, inspiration and a meaning to live, and that to me, is a great contribution.
2. Chasing your dreams will develop your courage. Courage is your fuel to achieve amazing success in life, follow your dreams and exercise courage. In sure enough time you will be unstoppable.
3. There is a reason why as kids we loved magic and dreams. Stop chasing your dreams and you will forget how it feels to live hopeful and young.
4. Great dreamers grow to be independent, learning that they can make a difference all by themselves.
5. Dreams can allow you to overcome the negative events in life. You will weigh up what is more important, your dreams or the drama. Drama seems obsolete when you are passionate about following your dreams.
6. It gives you something to share and inspire your kids with, you have led by example that anything is possible when you put your mind to it.
7. Through accomplishing your dreams you will come to appreciate the experience of failure and know that failure is just part of success and that it wasn’t really all that bad as it was all worth it in the end.
8. Regret is a terrible thing, and a dream is powerful enough to bring you regret if you don’t take the chance to at least follow it.
9. Because you are never too old to dream. Age means nothing when we know what we want.
10. You become an interesting person, you show others you have meaning, direction and purpose.
11. The unknown of following your dreams may spark a little fear, this is okay though because a little fear is known to make you feel more alive.
12. It is fun proving the world wrong, so why would you follow the status quo?
13. The more you chase and accomplish your dreams the more the lines of the boundaries that the world puts in front of us fade, as we learn that any and everything is possible.
14. When you accomplish your dream, you are the first to see it happen. You can share your accomplishments with the rest of the world but you where there in the front row on a single chair to experience the magic that unfolded.
15. Your dreams have no limits, you are the creator of your dreams, big or small. When this is understood, you are able to design a way to favor you plan and accomplish your end goal.
16. A dream is strong enough to define you, once accomplished you prove to others they have no say in who you can and can’t be.
Sent with love