Pawpaw & Avo Salad
Wow! This salad is bursting with freshness and flavour!
Serves 4 – 6
1 bag mixed lettuce leaves Handful of fresh rocket
2 – 3 avocado pears, sliced
1 large or 2 small pawpaws, cubed 1 punnet strawberries, quartered
125 ml sugar
2.5 ml mustard powder
125 ml onion, chopped
125 ml fruit vinegar
1 x 440 g tin strawberries, including the juice
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor, including the juice from the tinned strawberries and blitz until smooth; or using a jug, add dressing ingredients and use a plunge blender to blend until smooth.
- On a flat platter, place the lettuce leaves down first and then sprinkle fresh rocket on top of the leaves.
- Place sliced avocado pears on top of rocket, then the cubed pawpaw, and sprinkle strawberries on top.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad.
• Add a little lemon juice to the avocado pear to prevent discolouration.