ROASTED RED PEPPER & CHICKPEA SALAD
If you tuned in to our live Christmas cooking session recently with LG - we made this vibrant roasted red pepper & chickpea salad. If you missed it you can catch the replay after watching this fabulous recipe.
This dish is super quick and easy to make especially using the LG Neo Chef, it gives your table a pop of colour and not to mention, it is delicious too!
4 Large red peppers deseeded and chopped
2 cups of cooked and drained chick peas
Zest of 1 lemon
Paprika, salt & pepper
Rocket or baby spinach
Olive oil, Dijon mustard , honey & balsamic vinegar
1. Set the LG Neo chef to grill
2. Place the sliced red peppers onto the grill tray with a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning and set to grill for 15mins.
3. The peppers will be done once they are charred and softened
4 Meanwhile, put the chickpeas on a baking tray Add the lemon and lime zest, paprika, the rest of the oil and a little salt and pepper. Stir, then roast for 5 minutes
7. Whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Season to taste.
8. To serve, Place the baby spinach or rocket at the base of your platter then layer the chickpeas on top. Place the roasted red peppers onto the chick peas and generously drizzle with the homemade salad dressing. Serve and enjoy!
1. Prepare all the salad components up to 4 hours ahead, then toss with the dressing when ready to serve.
2. If you do not like the outer skin of the red pepper. Place them into cling wrap once roasted and allow to sit for 30minutes. After 30minutes the peppers will sweat and you will be able to gently rub the outer skin off.
Making this dish in the LG Neo Chef was a breeze, with it's 9-in-1 capabilities it is definitely one of my favourite appliances this season and one that I would recommend to anyone looking for a gift this Christmas.