Pots of Chocolate
There is something extremely satisfying about consuming chocolate! This recipe is a chocoholic’s dream. You will keep going back for more. No cookbook is complete without a chocolate recipe to drool over – here is ours.
200 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces 50 g butter (50 ml)
100 ml full-cream milk
125 ml double cream
100 g icing sugar, sieved
2 large egg yolks
Rind of 1 orange
200 g Amaretto biscuits, or similar 125 ml brandy
- Place chocolate, butter, milk, and cream, in
a suitable microwave container; cook in the microwave on 100% power for 4 – 6 minutes, stirring each minute, until chocolate has totally melted, and mixture is fully amalgamated.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat in icing sugar, egg yolks, and orange rind.
- Break up the biscuits into small pieces, or crush with a rolling pin, or process in a food processor.
- Divide half of the biscuit pieces among 6 glasses or dessert dishes. Sprinkle with some brandy; then pour the chocolate mixture over, to cover. Repeat this step.
- Place pots in the refrigerator, and allow to set overnight.
- In step 4, place crushed biscuits and brandy into the chocolate mixture; mix gently together, and place in refrigerator to set.
- Scoop out small spoonfuls; place either in shot glasses, or serve on decorative spoons. Made this way, this recipe will be sufficient for up to 20 people.