Always a winner to serve at a party, take along on a picnic, indulge over pasta!
Makes 1 large bowl
4 large red peppers, cut in half, and seeds removed
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small bunch parsley, chopped
1 small bunch coriander, washed and chopped
1 x 250 g container cream or cottage cheese
30 ml lemon juice
60 ml plain yoghurt or sour cream
2 slices white bread, crusts removed
Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
Parsley or coriander for garnish
1. Place peppers in a suitable microwave-safe dish; cover and cook on 100% power for 6 – 8 minutes.
2. Remove from dish and place skin-side up on a baking sheet under a preheated grill. Grill until peppers turn black.
3. Place in the microwave dish again and cover to sweat. When cooled, remove skin and place into a food processor fitted with the double-knife steel blade.
4. Add all remaining ingredients except parsley or coriander for garnish.
5. Process until slightly chunky in texture.
6. Place into serving container, and garnish with chopped parsley or coriander.
7. Serve with bruschetta, Melba toast, Matzos, pita wedges, veggie crisps or savoury biscuits.
• To reduce overall fat content: use a low-fat or even a fat-free cream cheese.
• Line baking sheet with aluminium foil when grilling peppers; this makes for an easy clean-up afterwards