As a vegetarian, this is a real favourite and super easy to whip up! This is from my daughter Luci’s cookbook MUM’S ON THE RUN and goes down well in any house hold, also a great option for #MeatFreeMondays. Why not give it a try this Festive Season and let us know how it goes, I would love to hear your feedback!
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, I would definitely suggest the LG Convection Neo Chef which has precise temperature control with its smart inverter technology, you can now cook a variety of dishes that microwaves were previously never able to prepare! I am giving one of these away on my Facebook Page to a lucky follower for Christmas, visit https://bit.ly/2E0UYPq to enter!
Serves 6 – 8
2 x red peppers, cut into small squares
1 x yellow pepper, cut into small squares1 large brinjal, cut into small cubes 4 onions, chopped
50 ml olive oil
100 g butter or margarine (100 ml) 100 g cake flour (180 ml)1 litre low-fat milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 x box pre-cooked lasagne sheets
100 g grated Cheddar and/or Parmesan cheese
50 ml fresh breadcrumbs
1 x packet black olives, de-pipped and cut into pieces (optional)
- Roast all the vegetables together, drizzled with olive oil for 40 minutes at 200oC/180oC fan/ Gas mark 6.
- Make a béchamel sauce with butter or margarine, flour, milk and seasoning.
- In a large rectangular or square greased oven-proof dish, layer a little sauce, lasagne sheets and roasted vegetables.
- Repeat layers twice, ending with a layer of sauce.
- Top with cheese, breadcrumbs and olives.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes at 180 degrees C until golden brown and cooked through.