Sometimes you just need a really easy dessert, yet one that is uber tasty. Also sometimes the budget is sorely stretched by a mass of ingredients to buy. Well here is your new go to recipe that can be dolled up or down. The fruits can be served in a meringue basket for something spectacular or in a pretty bowl with a side dish of thick creamy yoghurt or ice cream, is simplicity itself. We just love this easy entertaining recipe, and it can be served cold or warm.
Serves 6 – 8
- 4 granadillas, halved
- 300 ml fresh orange juice
- 100 g castor sugar
- 150 ml water
- 6 plums, halved, remove stones and quarter
- 4 peaches or nectarines, halved, stones removed, slice thickly
- Vanilla Greek yoghurt, to serve.
- Scoop the pulp from granadillas into a large saucepan and add the orange juice, sugar, and water.
- Place over a medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4 – 5 minutes, until slightly syrupy.
- Add the plums and peaches or nectarines.
- Cover and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes, or until the fruit is just tender.
- Cool and serve with vanilla flavoured Greek yoghurt.
- Feeling like jazzing the fruits up? Add 150 ml orange juice and 150 ml sweet dessert wine, Prosecco or white wine.
Sent with Love