The best halva chocolate chip cookies
How deliscious do these look from www.bibbyskitchenat36.com?
- 200g salted butter, room temperature
- 220g (1 cup) Natura Sugars golden castor sugar
- 50g (1/4 cup) Natura Sugars soft light brown sugar
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 30ml (2 tbls) water
- 1 egg
- 200g (1 1/3 cups) cake wheat flour
- 50g (1/3 cup) rye flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g halva, crumbled
- about 1/2 cup chocolate buttons
- sea salt flakes, for finishing
- Cream the butter, castor sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until light and pale. Add the water and egg and mix to combine.
- Sift both the flours, bicarbonate of soda and salt together. Add to the butter and mix slowly to incorporate. Tip in the chocolate and halva and fold through with a wooden spoon.
- Place two or three chocolate buttons in an ice cream scoop, fill with cookie dough and press in firmly. Un-mould onto a baking sheet and freeze for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Arrange the chilled cookie balls on a lined and greased baking sheet, with plenty of space for spreading. I bake 5 at a time.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Open the oven and lift the one side of the baking sheet as high as you can. Drop it onto the oven rack and repeat with the other side. Bake for 2 minutes, then repeat the banging procedure. Bake for 2 more minutes. Remove from the oven and drop the baking sheet onto the counter from a 10cm height. Cool for 5 minutes on the sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat until all the cookies are baked. Scatter with sea salt while the chocolate is still warm.