The Ultimate Buddha bowl Harvest Board
How delish does this board look? Thanks bibbyskitchenat36.com, I can’t wait to give this one a try over the weekend!
Serves: 4 as a main
Avocado and cashew nut cream
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- zest and juice of half a lemon
- a handful of fresh mint, parsley and coriander leaves
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
Roast butternut and sweet potatoes
- 2 baby butternuts, skin on and cut lengthways into 8 wedges
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of each, dried oregano, paprika and mixed spice
For the harvest board
- rosa tomatoes
- baby spinach
- wild rocket
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup black eyed beans
- toasted pumpkin seeds
- falafel (store bought or homemade)
- avocado slices
- lemon cheeks, to serve
- To make the avocado cream, place all the ingredients in a blender and whizz until super smooth. Adjust seasoning and chill while you prepare the vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 200º C.
- Line and grease a large roasting tray with foil.
- Place the butternut wedges and sweet potatoes on the tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and spices.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- To assemble the Buddha board, arrange all the pulses, grains, roast vegetables and fresh veggies on the board. Squeeze over some fresh lemon juice. Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Fill several hand bowls with the avo cream and serve with extra lemon cheeks on the side.