Sleep plays an important role in our physical health. It heals and repairs the body and the mind and plays a major part in keeping them healthy. Ongoing sleep deficiency is linked to an increased risk in heart and kidney disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and stroke.
Here are a few more great reasons why you need a good night’s sleep:
- IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR WAISTLINE!! Studies have shown that people who are well rested eat less calories per day.
- A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP MAKES YOU SMARTER – When you sleep well, your brain sorts through all the information that you’ve stored during the day. If you’re trying to learn something, have a good night’s sleep and you’ll remember what you’ve learnt a lot more effectively.
- SLEEP BRIGHTENS YOUR MOOD – Sleep allows your mind and body to rest…..It gives you more energy and a positive outlook on life.
What constitutes a wonderful night’s sleep?
At a recent survey carried out by the National Sleep Foundation, a whopping
Nine out of Ten respondents rated a comfortable mattress as the most important
Factor for a great night’s sleep
A close second? Pillows! Comfortable pillows and the feel of really good quality
These factors were closely followed by:
- A quiet, peaceful room
- Dim lighting
- A cool temperature
- Fresh air and the knowledge that the room was free from allergens
- A Clean, tidy bedroom
- A relaxing bath before going to bed.