Vanilla spice linzer cookies
Thank you bibbyskitchenat36.com for this awesome recipe, so looking forward to trying it out!
Makes about 36 (sandwiched)
- 200g butter, room temperature
- 160g Natura Sugars golden castor sugar
- 5ml (1tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 380g cake wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup berry jam
- Cream the butter and castor sugar together. Add the vanilla, whole egg and extra yolk. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder and spices together. Add the dry ingredients to the butter and mix until the dough comes together.
- Turn onto a floured board and press together lightly. Wrap in cling film and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line 2 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Roll the dough out on floured board to a 3mm thickness. Cut out as many cookie rounds possible. Arrange half the rounds on one baking sheet. This will form the base.
- To make the tops, press out a centre shape with a smaller cookie shape. Place the cut-outs on the second tray. Transfer both trays to the fridge and chill for about 30 minutes. Bake for 12-14 minutes until slightly golden and crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust the cut-outs with icing sugar. Sandwich the base and tops together with a scant teaspoon of jam.