500 ml bread cubes – use baguette, ciabatta loaf, or sliced, crustless, white bread 375 ml cold water, divided
80 ml blanched almonds
1 clove garlic, peeled
30 ml spring onions, chopped
1 large English cucumber, peeled and diced 200 g pitted green grapes
30 ml extra-virgin olive oil
20 ml cider vinegar
5 ml salt
Garnish: 8 pitted green grapes, cut into quarters; 30 ml flaked almonds; 25 ml chopped chives, or micro-herbs
- Place the bread cubes in a bowl; pour 125 ml water over, to soften.
- Place the almonds and garlic into a food processor which has been fitted with the double-knife stainless- steel blade. Process until finely ground.
- Add the spring onion, cucumber, grapes, oil, vinegar, salt, and softened bread to the blender, along with the remaining 250 ml water.
- Process until smooth. Taste and adjust salt as needed. If you wish to thin the soup, add more water to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve at room temperature, or chilled.
- Serve in bowls or glasses, and garnish with quartered grapes, almonds, and chives or micro-herbs.