This warm, caramelised meringue with chilled ice cream and soft sponge makes for a mouthwatering dessert this Christmas!
1.5 litres of vanilla ice cream, softened
Chopped Glaze Cherries
100g of Fruit mince filling
3 sheets of thinly sliced sponge cake
For the Meringue:
1 cup of egg whites (about 6 large), at room temperature
Pinch of cream of tartar
1 cup of sugar
1. Start off by prepping your large round glass Pyrex bowl. You will need to find one with a dome shaping. Spray the bowl with spray and cook or bush it with a tiny bit of oil.
2. Then add layers of Cling wrap to the bowl making sure it covers to the outside so that you can flap it over to cover the base.
3. Layer your sponge into the bowl placing the first piece of sponge cake at the base of the bowl. Then up the sides keeping one piece to cover the top.
4. Into another bowl mix the cherries, fruit mince and ice-cream together.
5. Add the ice-cream mixture to the other bowl on top of the sponge and close it off using the last piece of sponge.
6. Make sure the cling wrap is covering the dessert tightly and freeze it for a minimum of 4 hours.
1. Into your mixer place the egg whites and start to whip them, gradually add the sugar to form a light and fluffy consistency. Then add the cream of tartar and lightly stir through.
2. Take your cake out of the freezer and place it onto a cake stand.
3. Gently scoop the meringue onto the cake and with a handheld kitchen blow torch toast the outside of the meringue.
4. Slice and enjoy!
Click here to shop for your Christmas kitchen essentials and stay tuned for more recipes, news, product knowledge, virtual networking meetings, and more.