BAKED FESTIVE MARMALADE GAMMON WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
Updated: Dec 22, 2020
A favourite on our Christmas Table this year is a Baked Festive Marmalade Gammon served with a Mustard sauce. The sweet flavours of the glaze pair perfectly with the Tart taste of the Mustard sauce. This recipe can be found in the at home with Hirsch’s recipe book. The Gammon is cooked in the LG Neochef microwave which cut down the cooking time by over 2 hours.
1 x 2 – 2,5 kg gammon
200 ml apricot or orange juice & 200 ml water
1 onion, cut into quarters
2, carrots, cut into pieces
3 sticks celery, cut into chunks
15 ml powdered mustard
200 ml marmalade
20 ml brown sugar
75 ml gin (optional)
1. Cook gammon on Microwave in the LG NEO CHEF: Place meat into a suitable dish, pour over juice and water and add vegetables. Cover and cook on 70% power, allow 8 – 9 minutes per 500 g.
2. Cook Gammon in the LG NEO CHEF. Place into an oven roasting tray, add juice and vegetables. Cover tightly with aluminium foil. Bake at 180ºC for 30 minutes per kg.
3. Turn once; pull a meat fibre to check for doneness. A meat fibre will come away easily when ready.
4. Remove from liquid, remove skin – leave the fat layer over the surface.
5. Score the fat in a diamond pattern, stud with cloves. Place into a suitable casserole/roasting dish.
6. Glaze: Blend all ingredients together. Brush over the gammon.
7. Cook a further 3 – 5 minutes per 500 g on 70% power, basting often with the glaze. Alternately Roast in an oven of 180ºC for 35 – 40 minutes.
8. Allow to stand before carving.
9. Serve sliced gammon hot or cold, with mustard sauce, & vegetables or salads of choice.
40 ml cake flour
60 ml dry mustard powder
125 ml white sugar
2 ml salt
30 ml cooking oil
250 ml water
100 ml white vinegar
250 ml thick mayonnaise
Juice of l lemon
60 ml chopped fresh herbs e.g. rosemary, basil, thyme, parsley etc (optional)
1. Place flour, mustard powder, sugar, and salt into a bowl or a jug. Mix together and add in oil and water, mix well.
2. Cook on 100% power for 3 – 5 minutes until thickened. Whisk well.
3. Cool and then stir in the remaining ingredients.
4. Excellent with pork, beef, lamb, chicken, sausages, tongue or salted meats. Is also very good as a dip with meatballs or vegetables, can also be used as a salad dressing with baby onions or green beans, or even on sandwiches.
5. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator, lasts up to two weeks.
Makes approximately 650 ml
Click here to shop for your Christmas kitchen essentials and stay tuned for more recipes, news, product knowledge, virtual networking meetings, and more.