HOME MADE GRANOLA
This home-made granola is great to have in your kitchen made ahead of time in a big batch so you always have a nutritious and healthy breakfast ready when you are on the go or even as a healthy snack! You can mix it up to include ingredients that you prefer but I suggest choosing products that are high in fibre and protein.
· ⅓ cup Real Maple Syrup – 80ml
· ⅓ cup Nut or Seed Butter – 80ml
· 1 tsp Vanilla Extract - 5ml
· ½ tsp Salt – 2.5ml
· 1 tbsp Cinnamon – 15ml
· 2 cups Rolled Oats (not Instant), Gluten-Free if necessary – 500ml
· ½ cup Pumpkin Seeds – 125ml
· ½ cup Slivered Almonds – 125ml
· ½ cup Walnuts - 125ml
· ½ cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes – 125ml
· ⅓ cup Dried Fruit (Optional) – 80ml
2. Pour the Oats, Pumpkin Seeds, Almonds, and Coconut into the bowl and fold them into the wet mixture, until all pieces are evenly coated. Transfer this mixture to a greased or lined baking tray and press it into a thin, even layer using a spatula.
3. Bake for 20 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven, then remove and use a spatula to toss/flip the granola. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 6-7 minutes, then remove.
4. Immediately sprinkle the Dried Fruit over the Granola, using a spatula to gently toss the mixture. 5. Serve as desired; store leftovers at room temperature or in the fridge (recommended for crunchier granola) for up to one month.