RICH & FRUITY CHRISTMAS CAKE
You won’t believe how easy it is to make this Rich and fruity Christmas cake in the Microwave. The whole family can have fun decorating it afterward with fondant icing. It is a staple on our Christmas table.
250g of Butter
100g of Glaze cherries
500g Cake fruit mix
200g of dates chopped
1 410g tin of pineapple chunks
5ml of Bicarb soda
100ml of Brandy
4 Large beaten eggs
75g of chopped mixed nuts
5ml of Vanilla, Rum and Almond essence
15ml of cocoa powder
240g cake flour
5ml baking powder
5ml of Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and mixer spice
1. Place the butter, cherries, fruit mix, dates, brown sugar, pineapple and Bicarb soda into a deep microwavable bowl. Cook this mixture on high for 10minutes.
2. Add the Brandy, eggs, nuts, essences, and cocoa and mix well.
3. Sift in the cake flour, baking powder and spices and add to the fruit mix
4. Pour the mixture into a large greased microwavable baking dish (26-28cm)
5. Cook the cake on 50% power for 35minutes making sure it is elevated from the base of the LG Neochef using the short grill stand. Or on the combination function for 40-50minutes.
6. Allow the cake to cool completely then place it into a tightly sealed Tupperware.
7. Dowse the cake each week with 100ml of Brandy before use.
8. When you are ready to use the cake decorate it with marzipan, fondant icing or a mix of glaze cherries and nuts.