ROASTED CAULIFLOWER AND RED PEPPER SOUP
Another bowl of goodness filled with the healthiest ingredients that are quick and easy to whip up!
· 1 head cauliflower large, washed and cut into chunks
· 5 large red peppers stems and cores removed, cut in quarters
· 2 tablespoons olive oil – 30ml
· salt and pepper
· fresh basil
· 1 teaspoon smoked paprika – 5ml
· 5 cups vegetable stock (can use chicken stock, if desired)- 1 litre and 250ml
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2. Place the cauliflower pieces and red pepper pieces on a large baking tray and toss in one tablespoon of the olive oil and the salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 25 minutes
4. When the vegetables are almost finished roasting, heat a large pot over medium-low heat, adding the other tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Add the roasted vegetables and basil along with the vegetable stock, and stir well to combine.
6. Cook for about 15 minutes, then puree in batches (or use a hand-held blender).
7. Serve with a drizzle of coconut cream (if desired).