Treat yourself to a scrumptious omelette, I like making this for breakfast on a weekend. It doesn’t require a lot ingredients and it is gluten-free!
1/4 cup chickpea flour – 60ml
1/3 cup water – 80ml
1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional) – 15ml
1/4 tsp salt (black salt for a more egg like flavour) – 1.25ml
1/4 cup vegetables of choice – 60ml
1 tbsp oil for frying – 15ml
1. Mix chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, salt and water and stir until there are no lumps.
2. Dice up whatever veggies you want to add to your omelette. (about ¼ cup of veggies per omelette).
3. Add oil to a well-seasoned iron skillet or a non-stick frying pan and saute the veggies on medium-low for about 3-5 minutes until they become tender.
4. Remove the veggies and add them to the batter and give the batter another stir.
5. Turn up the heat to medium and pour the batter in the skillet like you would a large pancake and cook for about 5 minutes until the top of the omelette no longer looks wet. (You can put a lid on the frying pan for a minute or two to help it cook evenly.)
6. Carefully loosen up the omelette with a spatula and flip the omelette to the other side and cook for 3-5 more minutes until it is no longer soft in the middle. (Make sure there is no wet batter left in the centre).
7. Top with vegan cheese and fold over so that the cheese is in the middle.
8. Serve and ENJOY!