VEGAN PUMPKIN SOUP
This is such an earthy and hearty soup and so wonderfully easy to make! Paired with some fresh bread its just delish!
· 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil – 15ml
· 1 Onion (chopped)
· 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
· 1 tsp Ginger (minced or finely chopped) – 5ml
· 1 tsp Thyme – 15ml
· 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper – 2.5ml
· 4 cups of Pumpkin (peeled and cubed)
· 1 Can of Coconut Cream
· 1 and 1/2 cups (360ml) Vegetable Stock/Broth
· Salt and Pepper to taste
Then add the thyme and cayenne pepper and sauté until the onions are softened.
Add in the coconut cream and vegetable stock and the pumpkin and bring to the boil.
Turn down the heat and simmer until the pumpkin is soft and cooked (around 10 minutes).
Use an immersion blender to blend it smooth inside the pot. If you haven’t got an immersion blender, then transfer to a blender jug in stages and blend until smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with some pumpkin seeds as garnish (optional).