VEGAN STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
These vegan stuffed bell peppers from Hirsch's Vegan Cookbook will bring a burst of colour to your table, they are filled with goodness and will make a great addition to your dinner table or can be served as an entrée’.
INGREDIENTS • 180ml Couscous uncooked - 180ml
• 3 Medium bell peppers, any colour (red, yellow, or green)
• 30-45ml Olive oil
• 2 Small onions, diced • 250ml Mushrooms, sliced
• 2 Small carrots, sliced
• 1 Small zucchini, cubed • 180ml Fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 180ml Tomato purée • Salt, to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• A pinch of chilli
INSTRUCTIONS • Preheat the oven to 210 °C. • Cook the couscous according to the package instructions. Drain in a colander and set aside.
• Cut off the tops (lids) of the bell peppers, scoop out the inside and discard the seeds. Wash the peppers carefully and set aside. • In a large pan heat olive oil, add onion and fry for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the mushrooms and fry for a further 5-8 minutes. Add carrots and zucchini, fry, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
• Add cooked rice, 100ml parsley, tomato purée, and stir until well combined. Season to taste with salt, pepper and a pinch of chilli.
• Divide the mixture between the peppers
• Place the stuffed peppers in a greased baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until slightly brown on the edges.
• Sprinkle remaining parsley on top and serve.
Stay tuned to our blog for exciting recipes, networking sessions, product knowledge and much more.